40 Days for Life Stats:
- Campaigns in 47 countries
- Has taken place in 741 cities
- Nearly 14,000 lives saved from abortion
- Has seen the closure of 90 abortion clinics
February 14 - March 25
This year's 40 Days for Life campaign runs from Feb 14 to March 25. To sign up and learn more, visit 40daysforlife.com/guelph!
About 40 Days for Life
The worldwide 40 Days for Life campaign seeks to unite God's people in prayer to end abortion. Through prayer, fasting and peaceful vigil, we seek to change hearts and encourage a culture of life. We believe this will mark the beginning of the end to abortion services and referral in our region and throughout Canada.
Though all aspects of 40 Days for Life are crucial in our effort to end abortion, the most visible component is the peaceful prayer vigil on the sidewalk in front of Guelph General Hospital, 115 Delhi Street, Guelph. While it appears there is no doctor willing to perform a surgical abortion at GGH, our prayer is for God to remove all abortion referral and abortion intent from our hospital, WDG Public Health and medical clinics throughout the region.
How to Get Involved
During 40 Days for Life, we invite groups and individuals to participate in the prayer vigil outside Guelph General Hospital, happening each day from 7am to 7pm. This peaceful presence sends a message of love to the community, to those who work at the hospital, and those who may be seeking abortion referrals.
- Signs: 40 Days for Life signs can be picked up from the front porch of 25 Sunnylea Cres. (within walking distance of the vigil site). Please return when finished. You may also arrange to pick up signs from the Guelph & Area Right to Life office.
- Before Participating: Each participant must sign a Statement of Peace before attending the vigil. You can complete this step when signing up online, or print copies to return to our office.
For more information about 40 Days for Life, and for answers to other commonly asked questions, visit the 40 Days for Life website.